New Year Goals

I know that New Year's Resolutions are a cliche, but I still love to have them. I think it's important to have something to aim for, even if you don't keep them up as well as you'd like.

So, here are my goals for the upcoming year:

- To get back into the habit of blogging regularly - I haven't blogged regularly in a very long time, and it makes me sad - it used to be such a big part of my life and now it's fallen by the wayside. I'm determined to get myself back into the habit of blogging regularly - maybe not every day, but every other day at least. I have plans already for the posts I want to do - I'd like to put up at least two posts a week, preferably three, and they'll be a combination of blog hops, lifestyle posts, posts about my writing, short stories and book reviews.

- To read 45 books - for the last few years I've set a Goodreads challenge to read 50 books a year, and for the last couple I haven't reached that goal. I've changed this year's goal to 45 books, to make it more achievable. I think one of my issues is that I'll spend time watching TV or playing games instead of reading - sometimes I forget how nice it is just to sit and read in the quiet.

- To finish my NaNo novel - I wrote the first draft for Camp NaNo in July last year, and still haven't edited it, or even read the draft. I'm determined to get it finished this year, and to spend more time on my writing in general. Like blogging, it's something that was a huge part of my life a couple of years ago and I'm determined to make it so again.

- To eat healthier and exercise more - here's my "traditional" new year's resolution. Since starting my new job last January, I've gained a bit of weight - I moved from a manual job to an office job, so it was bound to happen. I'd like to lose the weight I've gained, and then just maintain a healthy diet so I don't gain more weight in the future. I also feel a lot better in myself when I eat healthily.

As for the exercise, I'm barely getting any at the moment - it's so hard to find the time! Lately I've been walking my mum's dog on a weekend with her - there's a country track near their house that is perfect for dog walking. It's quite a long walk - we're usually out for about an hour and a half - so that's better than nothing, but I'd also like to do some exercise during the week. I'm thinking of going swimming one night a week, to start with.

- To look for (and hopefully find) a house for Jamie and I to buy - We've been renting for about three years now, and while I love the house that we're currently living in, it doesn't really feel like ours.

Comments

  1. Walking is great exercise - it burns fat. Keep walking the dog and slipping in short walks of ten minutes or so. Hey, listen to audio books while you walk and you'll be doing two goals at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your resolutions. Remind yourself of them every day and you'll achieve each one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!