IWSG - February

The Insecure Writer's Support Group was created by Alex J. Cavanaugh as a place where writers can talk about their insecurities once a month, and receive encouragement and support from other writers. It's such an amazing group, it even has its own website now, which you can visit here.


This is the first time I've written a post for IWSG for a few months now - I'm surprised I haven't been kicked off the list! I'm back now, though, after a bit of a break, and I'm ready and raring to get writing again. The break did me a lot of good; I don't feel like I have too many insecurities today. 

I suppose one that I do have is whether I can just pick up where I left off when I stopped writing. I haven't written for so long, I'm finding it a little difficult to pick it back up again. Part of this is due to a lack of time, but I'm wondering if there's some part of me that's afraid that I might try and fail. 

I have a way to combat this insecurity, though; I'm just going to write. This weekend I have three days off work, so I'm going to use this time to open up my NaNo edits and get cracking on them again. I'll also take a look at my A-Z planning, and get that done. I am a writer, even if I haven't written anything for a while; therefore I will write. 

Comments

  1. Great attitude! With that kind of determination you'll be up to speed in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this, Laura! I'm going to take your advice and just write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, just write! Love your attitude and good luck this weekend getting back into it. I think you'll find that as soon as you get going, the words will flow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breaks are good! I bet you'll get back into the writing of things in no time, particularly since you're sounding so up beat and positive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post made me think of this quote by Marianne Williamson:

    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
    You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do.
    We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You weren't kicked off the list!
    Start on your Challenge posts. That will get you to writing and then you can flow into something more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it's one of those things you have to ease back into. When building up my writing, I plan on a measly 200 words a day for the first week, then 500 for the second, then 1000 for the third, and 2000 for the 4th. We have to train our brains back into the mode through a routine. Best of luck to you, and don't beat yourself up if all you get down is a couple words. It will come. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breaks are wonderful and so necessary! You'll do fine! Can't wait for the next blog to prove me right!

    Go get um!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that last sentence! :) The best way to get back into writing is to just write!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to quit writing once, about a decade ago. It was ugly. Needless to say, I failed and have never tried that again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great attitude. I need to put time into my A to Z posts. Just can't seem to get ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm where did my comment go? Anyway that's the great thing about writing you can pick up where you left off regardless how long you took off. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with working on your projects during your time off! Positive vibes that you'll accomplish something great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds exactly like the right way to get back into it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think its like anything else; the longer you go without, the easier it is to procrastinate. I'm sure you will find a way if you will it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always difficult to start back on something after you've been away from it for a while, but you have the right idea to keep working on it. It does get easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've found writing everyday to be the PERFECT plan to getting back on track. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent approach to getting a handle on your insecurities. Great advice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!