What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm reading

I just finished reading Angelfall by Susan Ee. I'd heard a lot of good things about it, and it didn't disappoint! I just ordered the second book in the series on my Kindle, so I'll be reading that next. I'm also reading Echo by Alyson Noel - the first in the series wasn't brilliant, but I saw this in a book shop the other day and thought I would give it a chance. 

2. What I'm writing

Not much at the minute - I'm barely keeping up with my blog posts. Once Christmas is over I'll be starting my NaNo edits, so I'll be spending a lot of time writing then.

3. What else I've been up to

Mostly working and getting ready for Christmas. I put the Christmas tree up on Monday, so it actually feels like Christmas now, and I've got most of the presents sorted. I went to York yesterday for some Christmas shopping, and that was especially nice since I really love it there - we're a lot closer to it now that we've moved, so that's good.

4. What inspires me right now

Christmas! I love this time of year, there's so much to be inspired by. 

Comments

  1. A Christmas tree always sets the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Laura! Christmas inspires me right now, too! I love this time of year. :)

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine York looks good at Christmas, although being grumpy myself it may be a bit on the busy side for my taste.

    Hope you are settling well and you have a great Christmas . . . . . . . It is always good to keep writing a bit though, even if its just random thoughts and quirky ideas to use in the future.

    be good and have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!

    I've just read a sample of Angelfall on my Kindle and I think I'm going to commit to the whole book soon ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a copy about reflections of Snow White. I'm posting the review this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear things are going so good Laura and that what's up is generally positive things, have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. World After is just as good as Angelfall - enjoy! Have a fantastic Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about Angelfall as well. Glad to know you're enjoying it.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas is definitely inspiring! Glad you have your tree up and presents under it! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You went to York to Christmas shop? Oh... *sigh*! My wife and I married in England, and we honeymooned in York, in December (the 14th), so I know exactly what it's like this time of year. One of the best places in England (IMO). I'd love to go back and visit sometime. :)

    I hope your Christmas is full of awesome and fun (and awesome fun), Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Kindles and Christmas! Best of luck with your Nano edits in the new year, and it's great to drop in and see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree: Christmas is a beautiful and inspiring time of year! I hope you have a lovely one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!