What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm reading 

I'm still reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but I've got a lot more time to read now so I should finish it soon. I might start reading a book on my kindle as well, though I haven't decided which one yet.

2. What I'm writing 

Nothing! I've finished my dissertation completely, and I handed it in on Monday. I'm taking a little break from writing, just to recover from the last few months! Then I'm going to get straight to work on my NaNoWriMo project ready for November.

3. What else I've been up to 

Mostly I've been working and finishing off my dissertation, but I did go into Lincoln on Saturday after work to meet up with some friends I made during my undergraduate degree. We hadn't seen each other for a long time, and the four of us had a great afternoon; we went for a meal (Italian, mmm) and then spent the rest of the day making up silly card games in the pub. Hopefully it won't be so long before we see each other again!

4. What inspires me right now

The fact that I managed to finish my dissertation, and I'm happy with the result. I feel more confident with my writing now, and I can't wait to get started on my next story. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on turning it in Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always good to see friends and I am glad you feel confident with your writing. A good time to scribble down ideas for the next writing project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing your dissertation I remember when my daughter turned hers in and then defended it. I was there for that one. Very tense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congrats for finishing the dissertation, Laura! A break is well deserved. Take some time to relax, change gears, and think on your NaNo project. Good plan. :)

    I did my undergrad at the University of Hull, and I had friends who were at the college in Lincoln (which might now be a uni, I'm not sure)--they used to study for a year in Hull. Anyway, that was an excuse to visit, so I've been to Lincoln a couple of times. Nice city. :)

    I hope your week is full of fun and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing!!! And yes - Nano projects! I can't do a novel in a month, but I did start one last year that I'm currently working on and have Nano to thank for that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing your dissertation! That must be a massive relief. A break seems the perfect thing after all that hard work. I haven't given much thought to whether I'll do NaNo this year. Maybe?

    Oh, and I've been (re)reading the Harry Potter books, too. I'm on Prisoner of Azkaban right now. Totally fun to revisit that world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on having finished your dissertation. That's really wonderful, and I'd say a break a very well deserved.

    I'm looking forward to NaNoWriMo. I just hope I can get ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing the dissertation and it's great that you got to meet up with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be celebrating and rewarding yourself, and eating cheese! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on turning in your dissertation! Isn't the moment you turn something in the weirdest feeling? Like, you are free from this thing you've been trying to finish for such a long time. :)

    I'm starting to think about doing NaNo this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finishing your dissertation. Hooray! Did you do a Dissertation Dash to hand it in? ;)

    Enjoy your time off. Hmm, NaNo... I really need to start thinking seriously about that...

    ReplyDelete
  12. seems like everyone is rereading Harry Potter lately! Keep it up with your dissertation and hope you have a great Nano year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finishing your dissertation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really proud about the dissertation Laura, really good work and I'm glad it's all over and done with now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your break from writing! You deserve it after all that hard work you put in on your dissertation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on turning in your dissertation! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! You must be super proud of yourself! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wanted to do NaNo last year, but didn't. It seems so daunting. :/
    Congrats on turning in your dissertation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on submitting your dissertation, it must be a great feeling.

    I've just started a creative writing course with the OU, so I'm hoping it will boost my confidence in writing in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope NaNoWriMo goes well for you! I won't be participating this year--not unless I finish up my WIP and have it queried by then, which I think may be a long shot. Congrats on finishing your dissertation. I can't even imagine how rewarding that must feel! I hope you've enjoyed your much-deserved break.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!