Express Yourself

The Express Yourself meme is co-hosted by Dani and Jackie. Each week bloggers must answer a different question, so they can get to know each other.


This week's question is: What are some of your favourite author quotes? 

Here are a few that I found:

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default." 

“Books are like mirrors: if a fool looks in, you cannot expect a genius to look out.” 

“I don't believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” 

“We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.” 

“We all need to be mocked from time to time, lest we take ourselves too seriously.”

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies..” 

“Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins.” 

“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.” 

“I try to live life so that I can live with myself.” 

Comments

  1. excellent author choices and love their quotes! glad i stopped by on what feels like monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these quotes! J.K. Rowling always has something awesome to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, and I love Rowling's sayings. You should check out what she wrote about girls calling each other fat. It's long which is why I didn't copy it here, but very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Green sounds profound. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. J.K. Rowling is by far my favorite author of all time. Thanks for sharing these quotes!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the JK Rowling quotes, all are brilliant though Laura, great post as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last one is true words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favourite ones, and I wont mention their name because they will only deny it is. . . . .

    "GO away Rob Z Tobor or I will set the dogs on you".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Neil Gaiman. Great quotes!
    And John Green's last quote here... so true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!