Liebster and Very Inspiring Blog Awards

I got given two awards last week, so I'm going to do them both in the same post.
First off, Click from Click's Clan has gifted me with the Liebster Award, thanks! I've had this award before, but I'll still answer the questions.

1. How old were you when you first started using the internet?
Computers have always been a big thing in my house, since my dad was into them quite a lot, so I’ve had access to the internet since I was very young. As far as I can remember, I didn’t use it for anything I shouldn’t have!

2. What’s your favourite memory from school?
Hard question, I didn’t like school. I think most of my favourite memories involved hanging out with my friends in the lunch hour. I also enjoyed the many times I was in a misbehaving class, because that tended to be more fun. Not good for my grades, though, but I blame the teachers for that. 

3. You can invite five people, living or dead, to a fantasy dinner party. Who do you invite?
I'm really terrible at questions like this, I can never think of anyone. Plus, you know, I'm really shy so I wouldn't talk to any of them. I'd probably go with fictional characters (e.g. Harry Potter, Buffy Summers, Edward Elric...)

4. If you weren’t doing your current job, what job would you be doing?
Something in the publishing industry. At least, this is what I want to be doing after I've got my masters degree.

5. What is your favourite photo or picture? (If you can’t share it, describe it).
I don't really have one. I've browsed through my facebook pictures, but there's about 800 on there so it's hard to choose just one!

6. What is your favourite room in your house?
My bedroom. It's lovely since I got it redecorated last year, and I've come to appreciate sleep so much more since starting at 5.00am every morning. 

7. Why do you blog?
I love the blogosphere, and I couldn't imagine my life without blogging now. 

8. Who was your first crush on?
I believe my first proper crush was on Orlando Bloom, both as Legolas and Will Turner. I got over it a long time ago :)

9. Do you still have your first teddy/stuffed toy?
Nope, I have hardly any left now. My hundreds of teddy bears got thrown out in the great clear out of 2012. 

10. Where in the world would you like to visit? 
I would love to visit Egypt, and see the Pyramids and the Valley of the Kings. I will definitely make it there one day. 

11. What is the worst book you’ve ever read? 
Let the right one in. Scarred me for life, and not even for the obvious reasons. 

Next, I got given the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from Allison at Geek Banter, thanks Allison! 


For this award, I have to share 7 things about myself:

- I love chocolate digestives. They're my favourite sweet treat, for now anyway. It used to be jam tarts, then moved to chocolate raisins, then custard creams, then chocolate digestives. It won't be long before I discover my next favourite.

- The urge to re-read the Harry Potter series (for about the 50th time) is growing, and I don’t think I’ll be able to resist for much longer. Hopefully I can hold out until I finish my Masters!

- Tea is just about all I drink – I usually have about 10 cups a day. I really wouldn't be able to function without it.

- My blog is a year old tomorrow. It's a lot better now than it was back then!

- I love singing, particularly when I’m driving or at home alone. I turn my music up really loud and sing along (badly).

- My hair is now so long and thick that hair ties struggle to hold it up. Hopefully I'm getting it cut soon (my mum's offered to pay, since I have no money).

- I have to do a life writing assignment for my creative writing masters, which involves picking an event, or a sequence of events, from my life and writing about it as though I am a biographer. My life must have been incredibly boring, because I can’t think of an event good enough to write about.

I'm not going to pass these awards on, because I'm losing track of who has had them and who hasn't! You all inspire me, so feel free to take the Inspiring Blogger Award, consider yourself tagged by me :)
 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on both your awards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on both of your awards Laura, it's always good to win awards, love your answers as well, my dad loves computers too so I don't really remember when I first got on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I was pretty much allowed on computers and internet since I was really little, I can't really remember the starting point!

      Delete
  3. I was just mentioning to a friend how I wish I could have amnesia just so I could read the Harry Potter series again for the first time :P

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to read it again for the first time, probably all in one sitting! Although it's nice to re-read, too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!