Hidden by P.C. and Kristin Cast - Review

Hidden is the 10th book in the House of Night series, written by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.



At last, Zoey has what she wanted: the truth is out. Neferet's evil has been exposed, and the High Council is no longer on her side -- but she's far from done wreaking havoc in the vampyre world. First, a mysterious fire ravages the stables. Then, Neferet makes a devastating move that will test them all.
With the seeds of distrust sown and Darkness breeding chaos at the House of Night, everyone must band together -- but that's proving to be more difficult than ever before. The twins are barely speaking and the House of Night's former enemy, Kalona, has now become their warrior, pushing their trust to the limit. To top it off, Zoey is pretty darn sure she might be losing her mind. She saw something when she looked at Aurox through the Seer Stone that she can hardly explain to herself, let alone her friends. Is it possible that Heath has come back in a different form? Is that why Zoey's so intrigued by Aurox, when it's so obvious that he's dangerous? And who would believe her if she told them? Zoey knows that following her instinct about Aurox might be just what they need to defeat evil . . . but if she's wrong, it could cause the destruction of those closest to her.
With the tension at a breaking point and friendships on the line, can the nerd herd come together to stop the spread of Darkness before it's too late?

From Goodreads

My review:

Ok, so I've been reading the House of Night novels for a long time, and while they're not excellent, they've certainly kept me reading them. I do think they've dragged the story on a little too much; at the minute I feel like the only reason I keep reading the new books is because I've read the rest of the series, and therefore want to know what happens in the end.

Positive Aspects:
The plot was interesting enough to keep me reading, and a few new twists were thrown in. There are enough decent characters that I care enough about to want to find out what happens to them.

Negative Aspects:
I feel as though nothing really essential to the plot happened in this book; it didn't manage to pull me in, and I just feel it was a little boring. It just feels as though the same things keep happening in every book; I just want to read the ending now. Also I dislike quite a few of the characters, including the main character, Zoey. Possibly because it doesn't seem as though she's really grown at all, and she should have done, considering we're 10 books in.

Overall:
I've come this far through the series, so I'm going to keep reading to the end, although I hope the next book has a little more depth to it.
I give this book 3 stars.

Comments

  1. I recently finished this book too and felt the same way. In every book Zoey is asking for help to be maturer and yet when she gets it, she reverts back into being a whiney child. The story has dragged on too long now but like you, because I've stuck with it for so long I want to know how it ends. And have you noticed that everyone is drop dead gorgeous? It's getting on my nerves. Also, their conversations can be so long-winded at times! Seriously, when Zoey told them to act normal, did we really need to know what everyone was thinking and planning on doing to be normal? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't too keen on this book and that it dragged on so much, it's a shame but at least you found aspects of the book that you liked, hopefully the next is a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the other books in the series will hold your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your honesty. It is hard to break it to an author that her "baby" isn't perfect, but I think that is how we grow. Through the joy and the pain. At least you are willing to follow it through to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read these books but I enjoyed your post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!