100k Update!

I knew it wouldn't last! Since last Tuesday, I've barely managed to write 1000 words over 7 days, never mind each day! That was also the last post I put up, although I had plenty planned for the last few days; I've had a busy week!
Well, here are my pitiful stats for the last week:

Tuesday Jan-15 - 333

Wednesday Jan-16 - 311

Thursday Jan-17 - 0

Friday Jan-18 - 0

Saturday Jan-19 - 0

Sunday Jan-20 - 163

Monday Jan-21 - 348

Three days where I got no writing done whatsoever - terrible! I do have an excuse, though. Here in England, it's been snowing. When it snows in England, even if it's just a tiny bit, the whole country panics. It's quite pathetic, really. Where I live we probably got the least snow of the whole country, but still people thought they were going to get snowed in. 

I work at Asda (Walmart in America) and I work on the home shopping department, which means I have to get up at an ungodly hour to pick people's shopping for them when they order it online. Because of the snow, people decided that they couldn't possibly go and get their shopping themselves, so we've been incredibly busy at work, which is one of my reasons for my pitiful writing amount. 

In addition to this, my mum is my manager, so if she's struggling at work and I'm not in, she tends to call me in, and it's kind of hard to say no! Also, I feel guilty if it's not done when it's time for me to go home, so I tend to stay until the end, which can mean long shifts. So on Thursday, the first day after handing my assignments in, when I intended on relaxing, I got called into work. On Friday I did a 12 hour shift. I was working Saturday and Sunday, although on Sunday I had to leave early due to a migraine, so didn't get any writing done because of that. Then yesterday I worked the morning, spent the afternoon catching up on blogs and then went to my boyfriend's, so no writing then either. I have a lot of catching up to do!

The good thing is, I've been getting tonnes of ideas for new things to write, so all is not lost!

Comments

  1. Do not sweat it!! Even though a goal is an awesome thing to have--it's not a race! Life tends to get in the way and it sounds like you have a lot going on right now. No beating yourself up!

    Make sure you get enough rest and eat right while you're working all those long shifts (I'm a mom, I can't help giving advice like this) But, you don't want to get all sick, cause then you really won't be writing.

    And enjoy the time with the boyfriend--I think writers can get lost in our books to the point where the real world is somewhere we aren't interested in being. I have to pull myself away and remind myself that reality and people are just as important as make believe. haha. Stuff like spending time with your boyfriend is every bit as necessary as pounding out some words!!

    Good luck, take it easy, and remember to breathe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that makes me feel better! I have plenty of time to catch up, anyway :)
      Don't worry, I don't think I'm capable of missing meals! Whenever I get home after doing a long shift I'm just lazy for the rest of the day, I don't do anything!
      I totally agree with you there, I tend to forget that I need a social life! I often get annoyed with it, thinking it gets in the way of my writing, then I have to remind myself that I need it to stay sane!

      Delete
  2. I thought you were going to say, "When it snows in England, it's so rare, we all have to go out and play in it!" :D And that would be a totally acceptable reason not to do any writing!

    Sorry you had such a busy week, though! Hopefully this one will be better! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course that is sometimes the case! Unfortunately we didn't get loads here, and I couldn't go play in it because of work, which made me quite sad, I wanted to build a snowman!
      I hope so too, thanks!

      Delete
  3. Don't feel bad about skipping some days Laura. You're a little of course now but you've been doing well prior to this and I have faith in you to keep going, you're doing great as it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not too worried at the minute, I should be able to catch up with a little hard work!

      Delete
  4. The Netherlands panics too in case of snow. The entire public transport system stops functioning, people don't show up for work, and everything's chaos. Pathetic, yes. You'd think we'd learned how to deal with snow by now, but nothing is further from the truth.

    Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't do much writing. But glad to see you don't let it get you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is silly, a bit of snow and the whole country crumbles! Ahh well, it's mostly gone now :)
      Yeah I'm making sure to not let it get to me, I'm determined to catch up :)

      Delete
  5. Don't worry about it - you can catch up, right? :)

    I live in Iowa and we got three inches yesterday. It's funny because we all forget how to drive when it snows the first time of the year. The eight inches from December has just melted and we got more. Oh well!

    Don't let it get you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, plenty of time to catch up :)
      It's the same for us, it's like we forget that it's not actually that big a deal!

      Delete
  6. Oh that life, it just gets in the way. Keep at it! You will catch up.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, silly life! I will, thanks :)

      Delete
  7. I'm writing tons as well. Though it seems to be in bursts of 1000 words divided over several days.

    I'm working on doing it every day. At least until exams start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, sounds like you're doing brilliantly!

      Delete
  8. The snow really has made everyone insane! And I don't envy you working in ASDA home shopping at a time like this, when I went to book my delivery slot this weekend, I saw how fast they filled up. Hopefully the weather will calm down soon, and England can get back to normality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm hoping it'll be a little more calm when I go back! It was actually worse than Christmas, crazy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!