100k in 100 days - update!

So I've decided that every Tuesday I'm going to do an update on how well I'm doing on the 100k in 100 days challenge. I've made myself a worksheet on Microsoft Excel to make sure I keep up to date with my numbers.

I've done quite well so far, and was even ahead for a couple of days. I don't expect it to last, and think it'll be harder as it goes on. Plus, with my assignments due in next week I've had a lot of writing to do! It'll be interesting to see whether I can keep up when I've handed them in.

Here are my numbers so far:

January 1st – 1582 

January 2nd – 338 (I was at work, and I never get much writing done when I've been at work - I'm always too tired when I get home!)

January 3rd – 413 (I got a migraine on Thursday, so I'm impressed that I managed to write anything at all!)

January 4th – 2862

January 5th – 1049

January 6th – 114 (I was at work again, but I did a little poetry before bed)

January 7th – 964

I intend to get a lot of writing done today, since my mum is away so I'm on my own, and I always get more done when I'm alone - less distractions! I've done 7322 in total so far which means I'm on track. 

Comments

  1. That looks like a good start to me . . . . .Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good job on meeting those goals and exceeding them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I'll keep doing as well :)

      Delete
  3. I think that you're doing a good job so far. It's important to get a lot of days early where you write over a thousand words to make up for the days later on into the challenge where you may lose some motivation and do less. Great start Laura, I love this idea a lot. Does this post count as part of the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the great thing about this challenge, blog posts count towards it! Although my blog posts are never really that long, but it still helps!

      Delete
  4. Awesome well done!! Love the idea of doing weekly updates. I've made a Microsoft Excel page too, it's an easy way to keep track :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it was a good idea, it took me a while to remind myself how to use it and do the formulas, though!

      Delete
  5. Keep it up! You've written 7K more than I have this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! It's amazing how much a little quiet time helps ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Hopefully I'll get more over the next week :)

      Delete
  7. Great going! Keep it up, I hope you got a good wodge done today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got about 800 words written, and I'm still a little ahead so that's good :)

      Delete
  8. Very impressive! I wish I had your self discipline. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are impressive numbers. I'm never able to write every day for long periods of time. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always have good intentions, but unfortunately life tends to get in the way! I'm doing well so far, but it may not last!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!